all images c. randi anderson 2008

Friday, August 1, 2008

A Tisket, A Tasket, A Fabulous-Finds Filled Basket

Well, again, nothing handmade today...but lots more inspiration! I got up this morning, put on my favorite thrifting outfit (which, yes, definitely includes my yellow shoes) and headed downtown to the Asbury House fundraiser garage sale at the First United Methodist Church. Apparently, this charity rummage sale is held annually here and I just now found out about it (many thanks to Valerie for the heads up!) I wish I'd taken my camera, because it was really huge- you wouldn't have believed it! And it was crawling with people! There was a ton of stuff there- I was entertained for over an hour and a half. One of the many treasures I came home with is this ever-so-charming basket. It was the most expensive item I purchased (at $4) which is a bargain any way you look at it. Since it was one of the first items I picked up, it was invaluable as a shopping basket! I spent a total of just $20.25 (plus the $1 I spent to get in) and this is what all I got...(that total includes the basket, of course...which was just the right size to hold all of my purchases!)
This is a close up of some little strawberry salt and pepper shakers...which I'll be sending off for a strawberry swap I'm participating in- more about that later!!
I just couldn't pass these up...they'll be perfect in some craft project...just don't know which one, yet!
How adorable is this pin cushion? It's actually brand new...it was donated to the sale by one of the boutiques here in town.
Well, those are just a few of my favorite things- everything I found I was so very excited about. Oh, and there are three items not in the picture because I'm giving them away as gifts!!

And that's all there is for now...just a basketful of fabulous finds!

Wishing you a day full of fabulous finds of your own!!

sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,

randi

5 comments:

Sweet B Folkart said...

What a fab find! I loved all of your Christmas goodies - nice to know Im not the only one buying holiday decorations out of season. We will have to swap pics at Christmas - I have TONS of vintage sparklies!

Sweet B

Lora said...

There is always a treasure waiting at sales like this-or several as you seem to have found!

Deb said...

You did well...the basket is awesome!

Genevieve said...

Love your blog! Swap partners have been assigned….. Check my blog to see who your partner is.
And if your partner does not have a blog I will email the info that I have been give by tomorrow!
Thanks and I hope that this swap brings a little magic into all of our lives!!!

Lena said...

Hi Randi,

What great finds! Your basket is indeed charming. I love covered baskets, and great church sales like that. It's always double the pleasure when you know that you're donating to a good cause too.

You've a lovely blog and I've enjoyed visiting. The answer to your link question is certainly! Thank you for the compliment!

Best wishes!