all images c. randi anderson 2008

Monday, August 18, 2008

Cupcakes Among Other Things

Once again, I find myself creating a blogpost with no cohesion whatsoever (WHATSOEVER- also a favorite word...add that to the list). Sorry, but that's just the way today was...sort of cohesive-less. Random, again.


Anyway, here we go. We'll let the pictures guide us, shall we?


Because, and only because, I passed a certain thrift store on the way to run other, more necessary, errands this morning and because Hope's Closet was having a sale I stopped at merely two places and did just a wee bit of thrifting today. I came away with some real treasures, in my opinion, and spent less than $5. This isn't all I got, it's just the things I didn't have to wash before I photographed them. This plastic vintage nativity was a coincidental find because I'd just happened upon some just like it on ebay last night. Things like that happen to me all the time.

I also found a bunch of vintage wrapping paper. Some of it's older than others, but they were all fun and I think they'll be great for holiday crafting. The wheels are already turning. This was my favorite. It's paper with a whole holiday alphabet!
Here's the whole collection:
I cleaned the studio this weekend (and the pantry, the fridge, the kitchen cabinet with the glasses in it, the gift closet, and my bedside drawers) and I found this painting I love. It's one I did this past spring and framed in this great vintage frame I painted red specifically for this painting.We visited our friends the other day- the ones with the new baby. We didn't get to stay long. We just wanted to pop in and see how everything was going, chat for a bit, and, you know, sit and look at the baby. I made these sweet little new-baby blue-iced cupcakes. Pretty cute, no?

That's all I've got for now...

So, shoo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah, Happy Monday to ya!

sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,

randi

5 comments:

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting me and for your sweet comments! I'd love to exchange blog links with you. Your paintings are lovely :-)

Carrie said...

Definitely LOVE the new cupcake painting. It's adorable!

Charmingdesigns said...

Your paints are wonderful. Love cupcakes!! Laurie

Linda said...

Randi, your blog is a delight! To officially sign up for the Artsy Autumn swap, please email me at aswapforallseasons@live.com
I'm holding a spot for you! Linda

susan said...

oh love the wrapping paper!! nice. what a sweet painting, the red frame sets it off nicely. those cupcakes look super tasty, which i could have one!