all images c. randi anderson 2008

Monday, August 11, 2008

Scents and Sweets and Stuff

I've been negligent again, and I apologize. The weekend was a bit busy, but I'm back to blogging today. This post looks to simply be a disjointed one filled with random inspiration and information. Randomness happens to the best of us, I'm afraid...if we're lucky! :)

First, the scent in the studio this week is Star Fruit and Orange. It's a nice, mellow, late summer smell. Very light and fresh- citrusy, of course, but a bit creamy and sweet at the same time. Second, there's a new flavor of Whole Fruit Sorbet: Pom-Berry. It's tres yummy, and a lovely shade of fuschia. If you're a sorbet nut like me, you're gonna wanna try this.

Lastly, I spent this morning doing paperwork and tax stuff, followed by an attempt to fill my Etsy store. (I'll add a link to it soon- I got quite a few listings posted before the uploading and tagging and descriptions got too tedious to continue. Perhaps I'll get back to it tomorrow morning.) Anyway, though I'd intended to spend all day working, I couldn't stand being inside anymore (and my hair looked unusually decent because I washed and flat-ironed it last night for dinner out with my family...so it seemed a shame to waste a perfectly good hair day stuck at home) so I rewarded my hard work this morning with a trip to my favorite antique store, Betty's, and one of my favorite Goodwills. I found these cards, buttons, and old glass baby bottles. I also got a really great deal on a fixer-upper project piece... but I'm saving the picture of that until it's made-over! I'll post a before and after!

Oh, and the last picture? I took a picture of our dog because his "Dad" gave him a haircut this weekend and since the photo uploaded at the same time as all the ones for this blogpost... I decided to add it, too! This is Gatsby, my muse.


sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,


randi

2 comments:

Deb said...

Ahhhh....little Gatsby looks marvelous! Dad did a good job. Maybe he can teach me...soft white fuzz cuts pretty easy....how did he get him to be still!?

Monica said...

Gatsby! How cute. My Boston terrier Lulu would love him.