all images c. randi anderson 2008

Thursday, August 28, 2008

An Award for Randi

Look at me! I am so very proud, my friend Amelia from sweetbfolkart (I've mentioned and linked to her several times so if you haven't been there yet GO! Her art's wonderful...and there's a great Halloween piece on there right now.) anyway- she bestowed on me this award...which is not just a flattering award, it's also comes with an adorable button. It may be the cutest button I've ever seen as blog award buttons go! It just made my day...or perhaps my week. Yes, I think my week- and probably longer than that. And I was having an amazing week so that's saying a lot. So thank you very much, Amelia...way to perpetuate the happiness of this, my aforementioned birthday week! Okay, enough about me. I'll stop gloating (but did I mention I'm super proud of my first blog award and it means so much to me? :) Well I am...and it does.
Now- the second best thing about this award is that I, in turn, get to pass it on! So here are my award recipients. I wanted to give it to people who didn't already receive it, but on the chance you are one of these people and already got this award once upon a time, it's okay...you're just doubly-loved! I don't know how many I could award, but Karen the Bling Queen (a new swap partner I just met) also won this award from someone else (or I'd have bestowed it on her myself) and her instructions say to pick 7 so I chose seven...drum roll please...

Recipient #1: Monica of Art, Design, Life She was one of my first blog friends. She's not just a talented artist in very many artforms (there's a mixed-media piece on her blog right now that incorporates a chocolate chip cookie...and we all know how I feel about food art!), she's a writer, too. Even the shortest of blogposts is well worded and incredibly entertaining!

Recipient #2: Jenny of The Polka Dot Pixie- I've mentioned her before...her stuff's just too, too cute. And if you haven't visited her site and blog yet...what are you waiting for!?!

Recipient #3: Angela of yourangil.blogspot.com She's a swap partner, too and her sweet, vintage tastes seem perfectly to coincide with mine. She makes all manner of pretty (okay, beautiful) little things...and she does it all with three small children. So she's a real inspiration to me!

Recipient #4: Susan chickenfoot.typepad.com She's hosting and my partner for the strawberry swap. Strawberries are just one of several things it seems we have in common. Not only is she crafty and creative, she gardens and sews...neither of which I, um, excel at...and that's an understatement! So I totally admire her! Her blog is just fun, inspirational and informative so go visit.

Recipient #5: Genevieve at Bella-Enchanted There's always something funny, fun, inspirational, or creative going on there, you totally wouldn't want to miss! She's my partner and host for a magic wand swap...that says something, right?

Recipient #6: Linda of A Swap For All Seasons (Linda also blogs at Grace Filled Moments) and they're both equally wonderful so I don't think I can pick just one). She's another one of those super bloggers/crafters/moms I am endlessly impressed with. You cannot help but be inspired by her blogs- they're really just incredible so go on...have a look-see!

And last, but not certainly not least, I nominate my new friend, Annie of divaundertaker.blogspot.com as Recipient #7: Annie's blog is entitled "Journal of an Undertaker" and I'll explain: Well, she's an undertaker...no really- Annie works for a funeral home (and yes, that's the 6 Feet Under theme song playing in the background of her blog!) but don't let that scare you away. Just read the About Me column and spend some time archive- perusing on her blog- you'll be so glad to make her acquaintance! Doing what she does for a living gives her such a unique perspective on life and she has an amazing sense of humour and respect for her work. You'll find she's far from all about all things sad and morbid- she's got an adorable family, she collects vintage children's books and she's tres creative. She makes precious collages and mixed-media pieces I adore! She's also starting a new blog that focuses more on her art and crafting so when that's up I'll let you know...because I can only imagine that it will be award-worthy as well!

So thanks again to Amelia and congrats to all you wonderful ladies-thank you for inspiring me...and, well, thanks for being my friends!

sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,

randi

4 comments:

Monica said...

Thanks Randi. Wow! Top of the list. My night just got a little brighter. Can't wait to check out these links.
-M-

Angela Harris said...

I love your title image Randi. So cute! Thank you so much! That was so kind of you. I'm going to go check out these talented ladies too.

Linda said...

Thank you very much Randi! I am very honored. Your blog is a delight that I am so glad to have found! Linda

susan said...

thanks so much randi!! it was very sweet of you. i will have to check out all those blogs tonight