all images c. randi anderson 2008

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cherry and Vanilla

The Shades of Inspiration prompt color combo this week is red and white so I've been thinking for the past few days about that theme and the following is what I came up with. I love red and white together...I have a lot of it in my kitchen. It's sort of a nostalgic combination, I think. You may remember these cute polka-dotted napkins from the Tisket, a Tasket post...they were purchased at the church rummage sale.Red and white lollipops in a precious mercury glass fleur de lis mint julep cup. (They're displayed in my living room- I know what you're thinking...but if you'd ever been to my house you'd know lollipops in the living room is totally appropriate).

My favorite t-shirt. It contains three plastic coke bottles...so that's cool.This is the "red shelf" in my breakfast room. I have things in there arranged by color...sort of.This is my absolute favorite page in the August 2008 issue of Romantic Homes. I have a bookmark in it just so I can open and drool over all the adorable things in this kitchen.And this is my other favorite page...told you I have trouble with favorites...This little cupcake plate was a happy find from the clearance shelves at The Cook's Nook (a cute cute cute little cooking store here in Longview).This is also a magazine page...from my new Marie Claire Idees (which my dear friend, Corey, was wonderful enough to get me while in Montreal a couple weeks ago). Every page in this magazine is a favorite, but it was the only one with something completely red and white on it. Last, but not least, since I'd been thinking in terms of red and white for the past few days, I got up today and painted a couple of little cupcake paintings in those two colors...plus some browns and creams. I'll add these to my etsy store soon.

Oh- and today began with Josh's perfect pancakes...so it's been a very good day.
Here's wishing you a perfect-pancake kind of day!

sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,

randi

No comments: