all images c. randi anderson 2008

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Marmalade Skies

I have difficulty pinning down favorites. I always hate to say something or another is a favorite on the chance I think of something or discover something later that is more a favorite. This leads to me not being able to claim a favorite song, a favorite movie, a favorite food, a favorite color...you get the idea. I just like too much! It seems such a shame to stick yourself with just one favorite something. When it comes to favorite words, however, I can say with reasonable certainty that if MARMALADE isn't my favorite word, it's definitely in the top three to five(probably somewhere near LULLABY and NEVERTHELESS). Eitherway, I bought a new jar of orange marmalade today (which always makes my think of Paddington...you know, the bear) and just that $2 jar labeled "Sweet Orange Marmalade" made me really happy! I also recently found this white cup/jar at a thrift store for 50 cents. I couldn't help buying it because it was so random and all it had printed on it were these bold black letters spelling out "marmalade".Did you know that marmalade doesn't necessarily have to be orange? It is generally made of citrus fruits like lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruits, but in my research I even found recipes for tomato marmalade and carrot marmalade!! Click here for more marmalade info: marmalade
Other interesting marmalade trivia: there was/is a band called Marmalade, a Marmalade Cafe with several locations in California, and even a marmalade festival! Here's a link to Marmalade Ink who offers an adorable collection of photo greetings, and you can click here to read about the most expensive marmalade!

Wondering what you can do with marmalade other than spread it on toast? Well, then, here's a marmalade cake recipe, marmalade biscuit recipe, and marmalade sauce recipe. Or, just make a peanut butter and marmalade (that's what I had for lunch) or banana and marmalade sandwich (that's what I would've had for lunch had I remembered to buy bananas)...yum! :) So, there's my Thursday musing on marmalade. Go get some, you won't be sorry!
Oh and the title? In case you've forgotten or flat out don't recognize it, that's a shout out to John Lennon- it's from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds- you know, tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
Thanks for stopping by and reading today...orange you glad you did?
sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,
randi

1 comment:

Deb said...

I have this same trouble with favorites, too. I have a lot of "favorites".

Yes, I am glad I stopped by to read abuot marmalade.