all images c. randi anderson 2008

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mary Kay Cupcakes

"Cosmetics are like cupcakes...even on bad hair days they make us feel good."
Sooo... today I mailed off some of my favorite paintings to date and I just had to share them with you! They were a set of four commissioned by a client-turned friend-turned Mary Kay consultant, Jennifer! She, too, is a cupcake fan (she's commissioned cupcake art from me before) and it was her idea to combine Mary Kay make-up and cupcakes. The result was this adorable set of paintings. Jenn suggested we include some inspirational words, so I spent several days thinking up "quotes" that incorporated the themes of beauty and sweetness! They were just so much fun to work on!(I had a close up of the fourth in the series that I would have inserted here, but it kept uploading sideways and I just couldn't fix it...you can see all four in the picture below.)
AND- since Jennifer is now a Mary Kay consultant, she sent a link to her MK site and I picked out a new blush and lip color for fall! They have this great virtual make-over tool available where you upload your picture and you can try all the colors on your own face. It was extremely easy and I was very impressed at how well it worked. The colors I picked using it are absolutely perfect for my complexion! Appropriately enough (for autumn) they're called Sparkling Cider (the blush) and Gingerbread (the lipstick)! It has been awhile since I've used Mary Kay and, like I said, I've been very pleased with my purchase. There's lot of new stuff...like this line of mineral wear make-up! You should check it out...and if you need a consultant, please, use mine! She's really great- super nice and very diligent! Click here for her site: Jennifer's Mary Kay Site. *FYI: When I asked if I could link to her site from here, she said if you place an order with her and mention my name in the comments field I'll receive credit toward future purchases and the same would be true if you, in turn, recommend her to someone who mentions your name- fabulous, no?! So here are the colors I bought: *sideways picture alert...if anyone knows how to remedy this...PLEASE let me know. It drives me absolutely crazy! ...and here's me with them on. (So if your complexion's similar to mine, you can imagine these colors on your face!)When I'm not sporting my new vintage-chic look with the scarlet lip fusion, this will be my toned-down fall face!
Well, have a sweet evening!
I'm hoping to post some pretty rose pics tomorrow. 'Til then...
sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,
randi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Denise Nantasket Beach Mass.

Linda said...

Your blog, your artwork, the photos of you...all beautiful! Wow!