all images c. randi anderson 2008

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Birthday, A Curtain, A Snail

Happy, Happy Wednesday!

Well, yesterday was Josh's birthday so, of course, we celebrated!! I'm big on birthdays so even though we didn't have a real party (just dinner out with a couple of friends) there were still gifts... and cake......which was an interesting conglomeration of baked goods because when I asked him what he'd like for a birthday cake he simply said "something different". Since that's anything but specific, I was at a complete loss. So I ended up going to my favorite bakery and getting one of everything that was cake but different from plain white or chocolate birthday cake!! Since we had company, we actually had someone to take a picture of the two of us...so here we are on Josh's 26th birthday.
And here's us as cupcakes: This is a detail of the card I got for Josh...it was sweet, it played music- and it had cupcakes on it, so I couldn't resist.
Oh and here's a pic of an early birthday present I picked out for me that came in the mail yesterday:These cafe curtains were on sale at Urban Outfitters and I just love them. They're even cuter in person than they were online!! They actually came with a valance that I couldn't get, but I decided I liked this just fine. The fruit, the rickrack...they're adorable! They do need to be ironed a bit...maybe later.

So, even though it was Josh's birthday and I'd have ordered a sunny day for him if it were up to me, it isn't up to me and God decided we needed rain (which we did...our yard is very happy). It's been wet, wet, wet for two days and according to the weather it's only going to get wetter. It is considerably cooler, though and it smells blissfully like summer and rain, which I love. When Gatsby and I went outside this morning the snails were out on the front walk- enjoying the coolness, I suppose? I took a close up of one. I like snails, perhaps only because I don't do much gardening. I understand they can be a pest. But they're pretty cute as pests go, don't you think? Since I was thinking of snails, I listened to Snails by The Format this morning as I was working and decided to add it to my blog for the snails-post day. It's sort of an inherently happy melody, I think. Enjoy!*I'm almost finished with a Halloween project I'm really excited about and pretty proud of- I'll try and post a pic later this afternoon or tomorrow! 'Til then-

sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,


randi

2 comments:

susan said...

you two look cute as cupcakes, hehe. aww the snail is super cute...cant wait to see what you are planning, hmmm

Deb said...

Glad you had a nice B.Day.....makes me sad we couldn't see you all.