all images c. randi anderson 2008

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pink, Green...and Baby Blue!

Greetings and happy Saturday! I've actually finished two projects already this weekend and have several more started so I'm feeling unusually productive, though, as is typical, not productive enough. So, I recently discovered this "challenge" set up by Sadie Olive called Shades of Inspiration- a color or color scheme is posted every week and participants upload pictures that fit this color scheme into a flickr group. It can be pictures of crafts, or artwork, or home decor...you get the idea. Anyway, I liked the idea and joined the flickr group the other day. This coming week's challenge is a color combo of light blue and brown...which is really nice, but I was disappointed to see I missed out on the pink and green week. Pink and green is one of my favorite color pairings...I use it all the time. It was even the color scheme for my wedding, see?! Well, I'm posting green and pinks today anyway (brown and blue will have to wait for another day!) Again with the strawberry cookie, I know. I apologize...but I really love this thing.
This cake-wrapped-as-a-gift is one of the many finds from yesterday's gianormous garage sale...I did some repainting today and was really pleased with the way it turned out!

A new everyday corsage. The theme for this one is "faith, hope, and love" and I made it in an attempt to create one that wasn't holiday specific. It would work for mother's day, Easter, a bridal shower, or just a tea party or something. Who needs a special occasion for wearing pretty little things, anyway?!

#4 Peppermint Lane! All in greens and pinks with a candy cane garden out front and a vintage bottle brush tree trimmed with pink glass pearls...too sweet! I found uses for some of my recently purchased Christmas stuff...this one's a favorite! Plus it's a box...so it's practical, too!
Actually, it turns out there will be a little blue in this post afterall... baby blue, that is! Our friends, Vince and Lindsey, had their first baby- Jackson Thomas-this week. We just went to the hospital this evening and saw him for the first time...he's really cute! Here's my "Happy New Baby" creation: Have a great rest of the weekend!

sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,

randi

6 comments:

Deb said...

Ahhh, just loved the colors of yours and Josh's wedding. Green and peachy pink was always a favorite combo of mine as evidenced by my living room. I am glad you decided the colors rather than Josh. He would have picked Penn State Blue and White for sure...

Love the corsages!

Sandra Evertson said...

What wonderful pieces!
Sandra

susan said...

such pretties!!!
i love it all

susan said...

i love your things you make
do you sell them anywhere? i cant find a link to a shop...

Monica said...

Super inspirational photos. Love the colors.

vivian said...

hi Randi! just bopping around in your blog.. I absolutely adore your corsage! how stinking adorable it is!!
vivian