all images c. randi anderson 2008

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Peach Fest 2008


pendants, trinket boxes, ornaments and picture frames


the art of happiness booth




peach fest specials



magnets, place card holders and notecards


The first artistic item of note since beginning my blog is my participation in the Peach Festival Arts and Crafts Show. It was my very first venture of the kind and I am pleased to announce it was a great success! (And though it was a bit stressful I can also say it was a great deal of fun and something I will most definitely do again.) I began diversifying at the beginning of this year offering magnets, t-shirts, notecards and dishtowels in addition to my original paintings. In the last few weeks I put together quite a collection of the above items as well as picture frames, decorative signs, trinket boxes and pendants. All of these were available in my booth during the two-day show. I took lots of pictures! This should be the perfect first real blog post as it shows all of my products to date and lots of examples of my work. The best part of the weekend was having people walk into my booth and smile and ooh and ahh over everything. Many would walk in and then hurry out to tell their friends or shopping companions. No one came in who didn't leave smiling! Thanks to everyone who came by, especially those who purchased my work (hope you enjoy it for a long time to come!) I owe much gratitude to my family members- Josh, Mae Mae, Pop, Mom, Dad, and Ross- who helped make the whole thing happen (if you've ever been a vendor at a craft show- or helped someone who has- you know how much work it is...and what a small army you need to do it!) They all did too much to list. It's something special to be so loved and supported. I know--and I'm grateful.

Hope you enjoyed the pics- let me know what you think! Thanks so much for reading!

sweetly, happily and artfully yours,

randi

5 comments:

Ross said...

Hey, Rand! It looks GREAT! I would make the background a darker color so the pink text shows up - other than that it looks great!

- Ross

Corey Whaley said...

Randi,
The blog looks great. You're right about the background-white works well with your artwork. I'm going to respectfully, but only slightly disagree with Ross's comment and say that you should change the text color...not the background.
Everything looks wonderful.
This makes me want a blog...but no one wants to look at a series of my awesome head shots.
Wait.
Is it too late to make a photo shoot request?
HAHA.
-Corey

Dogs 'n Lions said...

I enjoyed our time this weekend. I'm so proud of you and all your work. I was so proud everytime someone came to the booth and proclaimed their amazement and the joy the received from looking at your work. You made a lot of people happy this past weekend...including me.

Here's to a successful Peach Fest 2008!

Deb said...

Sorry we were not able to be there for your debut. Maybe next year... Everything looked adorable...especially that guy lurking about your tent. Glad it was a success, but we knew it would be a hit.

Wish you guys were here with us!
Love, Debbie, Jim and Sophie

JoAnn said...

Randi, Enjoyed seeing all your work. So beautiful and sweet. Bet it would be well accepted at Tall Oaks where we went last Sept. I am sure the Red Hates would enjoy it. We miss you, Josh and Gatsby. Hopefully you all can be here next year. Nama and Papa-----Bailey, too