all images c. randi anderson 2008

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Montage the Second

I begin my montage with a final note concerning birthday gifts. I so diligently blogged about so many of the others, that I didn't want to leave these thoughtful, belated gifts out. The journals (100% recycled paper, by the way), those pomegranate mints (in awesome hot pink tin) and the book, Quarterlife Crisis (which I think is just too great, and is probably the most appropriate gift I received for my 25th birthday:)!) among other things, came from Corey. The Creamy Cinnamon Vanilla Circle E candle (lovely fall kitchen scent) was from Lindsey and the pretty purple bracelet's from my Aunt Melody. Thanks, all! Below is a grouping of a few of my Halloween creations. Some are for swaps, some for sale...but I won't divulge yet which ones are which!
Next up, a bouquet of pipe cleaners. It is my contention that everyone, at least once, should craft something with some old-school chenille stems. I cannot imagine anyone would not be happy having done so.
Like I have been collecting pipe cleaners lately, I've also amassed a small collection of very sparkly things. A batch of items entirely covered with glitter. And while I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to use them for...they're oh-so-pretty in the meantime, just piled in a basket in the studio!
And, finally, I will leave you with yet more pictures of roses. I picked these up from a man selling them on the side of the road the other day. They're Tyler roses, so they're THE most fragrant roses. They came all wrapped up in wax paper and newspapers. Too sweet, no?

The background here is the door to an old pie safe. I bought it for $1 at the Habitat Re-Store last weekend.


Here's hoping you had an inspirational Wednesday!
sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,
randi

5 comments:

Genevieve said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you pretty lady! My I love all of your painted goodies those are some lucky folk to be getting those goodies! Are you selling your art and where please if you are! I need new cupcake/Bakery art for my kitchen! The girls loved the candy sticks you included in your first package and Thanks a bunch for your gracious second package you should'nt have! But I am glad you did! I loved all the goodies! Now I feel like I have to send you out another package this could go on forever he he! I hope that all is well with you and I will "see" you later!

Corey Whaley said...

I'm glad you like your book. It makes my week.
Also, looking at all of that glitter literally gives me a panic attack.
I'm allergic to glitter and all things glitter related.
But, nonetheless, they are keen on the eyes.

Deb said...

These roses remind me of your wedding....love that color.

Linda said...

oh such gorgeous roses...i can almost smell them..

susan said...

happy belated birthday! these past two weeks have been crazy here and i havent been able to check my blogs. :o( such nice gifties and i love the things you have made!!