all images c. randi anderson 2008

Friday, September 5, 2008

Art On A Stick

I know I've mentioned it before, but last month I signed up for a swap...actually, it was the first "swap" I signed up for. It was hosted by Genevieve from Bella-Enchanted and was simply called a magic wand swap (which I still need to upload the button for). Now, I've never made a magic wand, nor have I ever owned one, but the idea intrigued me and I saw it as a challenge. Well, this little wand swap I wasn't sure about turned out to be absolutely fabulous! I received my package earlier this week from the aforementioned Genevieve (who was also my partner for the swap) and it was truly incredible! Not only was the stuff in it just too sweet, the whole package was all dressed up from the shipping label to the packing material!! Of course there was a wand...a darling silver sparkly one, but there were all manner of other goodies in there too! A little glittered "dream" sign, a prism that's currently making rainbows in my breakfast room, lace, vintage clock faces, my name in glittered cardboard letters an altered art "dream" tag with key and wish tickets to name a few! And they were all wrapped in silver or glittery star tissue paper! It all coordinated perfectly. I couldn't have been more excited about it! I immediately had to put together a "thank-you" packet of goodies for her- as I'm afraid my package was not near so exciting as her! Anyway, it was the best swap box ever- thanks Gen!!! I took lots of pictures so everyone could see:

And here's the wand I sent to her...just pretend these pics are right side up. The little poem, because I do not expect you to try and read it sideways, says: "This magic wand has been sent to you, with tidings and a treat- that your every wish might be granted, and all your days be sweet!"I was, and still am, quite intrigued by this new artform and I intend to explore it further. So far I've already created two other wands in the same vein as this one (you know, the cookie on a stick look).So there it is...my newest pet project...art on a stick. You can expect to see more! :)

Happy Saturday!

sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,

randi

6 comments:

Monica said...

Those wands are so great. I really like your cupcake wand because it's such an unexpected form atop a stick. Ya' know?

Sweet B Folkart said...

Randi - where do you sell your work!!! - I must have some of your cookies. I am totally envious of your swap partner.

We might have to have out own swap lady!

P.S how is your doll coming?? - I can't sew so it's slow going for me.

Deb said...

Maybe I have mentioned it before, but I was THE sleep fairy in kindergarten....a job created for me because I couldn't seem to nap. (Josh had a similar problems if I remember...he was the "mail man", not a sleep fairy.) I remember the magic wand being just so pretty with sparkles and ribbons dangling. I think it had a little glass ball on top. Really neat.

vivian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vivian said...

let me try this again...
Loving your wonderful wands!!!!
how stinking cute they are!! I'm thinking we might have to do a our own little wand swap sometime!!!
hugs!
vivian

susan said...

oh i love your wands! what a fun swap. such wonderful goodies you got. i really love the one you gave away and the cupcake one. will you be selling any in your shop?