all images c. randi anderson 2008

Monday, October 20, 2008

Viv's Whimsy Doll Swap

On a whim (pun unintentional...but it works so I'm leaving it...which I suppose makes it intended) I signed up awhile ago for a Halloween Doll Swap at Viv's Whimsy on the grounds I've never made a doll, and being forced to do so would be a welcome challenge. It was even better than I could ever have anticipated. My swap partner, Annie, turned out to be amazing! (because she doesn't get around to updating this blog very often, I'm also including a link to her flickr page because many of her cute creations are posted there.) Anyway, she went far and beyond the doll with her swap surprise. And, coincidentally, doll making was new territory for her as well so I think we were a good match!! Check out these great goodies: Everything came wrapped in orange tissue in this cute jack-o-lantern bag! I know it's sideways. Sorry.Yes, this uploaded upside down...
Here are close ups of her cute little necklace...which I may have to borrow. I don't think she'll mind! :)And just look at all these extras! Those are caramel apple candy corn...and they're yummy! And if you haven't had a pez dispenser lately...I urge you to get one. Like Silly Putty or a Slinky, these things aren't just fun...they're inherently happy! I'm going to carve a little jack-o-lantern just for one of those "candles". They're battery operated, but they flicker like a real candle!!
Here is a picture of the doll I made for Annie. I think he may be my one and only foray into doll making. :( I fear sewing may never be my thing! He was a lot of fun, though, and the swap was definitely worth it!
Many thanks again to my new friend, Annie for all the goodies and my lovely doll, and to Viv for being such a wonderful swap hostess!
sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,
randi

2 comments:

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Randi, Both dolls are gorgeous. Yours is really nice considering you never made one before?
Looking forward to our Christmas Swap.
~Ann

Deb said...

What did Gatsby think about the little dollie?