all images c. randi anderson 2008

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Montage the Fourth

I've been taking pictures left and right, always thinking that I'll get a chance to post, but lately...well...that just hasn't happened. Though I've been busy, it's more a case of my poor time management- which is ever my downfall. And, since the heat has dissipated, we've been spending more time outside, enjoying the weather and autumn stuff in general. However, today, the memory card on my camera was finally full and I was forced to upload them to the computer and I decided today was as good a day as any to make myself put some up here to share. Thus, montage the 4th.
I begin with this: I tried this Tropicana Pure juice blend the other day because they had them at the store in little bottles, and if you're a juice fanatic like I am, I suggest you do so, too. They're yummy. Thus far I've had blueberry pomegranate and raspberry acai. I can vouch for the deliciousness of both.
Second, I made cinnamon dough ornaments. While I've tried this before, and have had marginal results (mostly dough that was too wet or too crumbly), this time I was determined and found success. I did have to add some extra applesauce and did a lot of kneading. The recipe I used was Martha Stewart's found here. They do take a while to dry, though. And they must be turned often so they won't curl up. I'll post another picture once they're decorated. Also in the kitchen- we had the Lowerys over for dinner on Tuesday so I fixed Hungarian Goulash (recipe here- also Martha's). It's one of my favorite fall/winter meals. Though the prep work can be somewhat lengthy- it's a make ahead meal so it's worth it. Fresh baked bread and gingerbread with Extra Creamy Cool Whip rounded out the best autumn meal I've served this year (if I might say so myself)!...and while we're on the subject of food...I've had two really cute doughnuts in the past couple of weeks. Naturally, I photographed them. A pink iced doughnut with sprinkles, and a raspberry filled all dressed up for halloween! Now Halloween leads me to...Gatsby! I took a picture of him because he'd gone to the Plush Puppy and they always send him home with a really cute bandana. Of course, this week it was a halloween one.Finally, since Halloween is almost here and past, and Christmas will be here before you know it, I couldn't help getting a few new decorations, because Kohls has this whole Sugar and Spice collection this year (and it's 50% off this week). These things will go perfectly with all my sweet Christmas decor! :)

Well, that's all for now. Here's hoping everyone's able to do a little blog neglecting, too, in lieu of enjoying the fall!! Happy week before Halloween!
sweetly, happily, and artfully yours,
randi

1 comment:

Monica said...

Last year I did a candy- and sweets- themed Christmas tree, but I really had to search for ornaments in that theme. Now this year, when I'm going for a different theme, it's all the rage. Go figure, right? Hope you are well.
xo- Monica